Young Members - Why Join
For hundreds of years, unions have been the best way for working people to protect one another and bring about change. As a young member of Unite, you’ll be able to stay protected, campaign for things that matter to you and make change happen.
There are various ways Unite benefits young members across the country. Here are just a few reasons to consider joining:
- Unite is a voice that represents YOU on matters that affect you at work.
- Union members receive better pay and working conditions than non-union members
- Stay safe and secure at work, with the enforcement of basic rights such as secure hours, sick pay, holidays and workplace safety.
- A union will be there to give you support and advice on issues regarding pay, hours and unfair treatment, including harassment and discrimination.
- You’ll be assured of training and development at work, as well as the opportunity to become a union representative in your workplace.
- Start your own campaign with Unite’s help and support, so you can stand up for the things important to you.
- Feel stronger and more supported with more than 1.4 million people on your side – all from a range of backgrounds communities.
- From students to apprentices; carers to trainees...nobody is excluded from joining our union.
Download our Young, Gifted & Backed leaflet for more information on how Unite can help you.
Have a voice, take action and make change happen. Join the union today!