Higher Education pay negotiations 2023/24
Get ready. Your consultative ballot is coming soon
Your pay has fallen behind inflation by more than 20% since 2009/10. Workloads are excessive. Action is needed now. Your consultative ballot on UCEA's 2023/24 pay offer is coming soon. We urge you to vote YES to reject. When the ballot opens, Vote Yes to strike for fair pay. Talk to your reps.
Unite’s Education National Industrial Sector Committee (NISC) is asking HE branches and workplaces to undertake a consultation of members on the UCEA pay offer for 2023-24.
- Read the offer in UCEA'S letter from 24/02/2023
- Check out the updated JNCHES Pay Spine with the 2023/24 offer
- Read a summary of the pay negotiations so far from national officer Andy Murray
Your Unite branch and workplace reps will be in touch to let you know the timeline for the consultative ballot in your workplace. Check your email, WhatAspp and text messages regularly.
When your consultative ballot opens, you will be asked two questions:
- Do you reject the 2023-24 UCEA pay offer?
- If the Pay offer is rejected are you prepared to be balloted on industrial action in support of the JNCHES Unions' Pay Claim for 2023-24?
If a majority of members in your Higher Education Institution vote Yes to reject the 2023-24 UCEA pay offer and vote Yes to being balloted for industrial action then the union will undertake a formal disaggregated ballot for industrial action in your institution with a view to launching industrial action in September 2023 in conjunction with other unions in your institution.