Applying for Unite's support as a PPC in London & Eastern region
The NEC has recently made changes to the procedural guidelines to the ‘Westminster parliamentary selection process where there is a vacancy’ and have expedited the timetable. It has been widely reported that the selections will begin in the summer in our region. In view of this expedited process, wherever possible, we will look to conduct interviews of candidates and endorse candidates prior to the timetable announcement.
If you are interested in gaining Unite's support as a PPC could you please download and complete the ‘Expression of Interest’ form and return to your political officer as soon as possible and no later than the deadlines shown below.
At a later date a decision will be made by a lay member panel from our Finance & General Purposes Committee (F&GP) and Regional Labour Party Liaison Committee (RLPLC) based on the form on whether to call for you interview.
Should you be called for an interview that will be before a lay member panel of the F&GP and RLPLC.
We will be interviewing for the following seat shortly and the deadline for Expression of Interest Forms to be returned to us is Friday 11th November:
- Harrow East (deadline Tuesday 7 February)
In the following seats the process is now complete:
- Peterborough (deadline 22 April 2022)
- 2 Cities - Cities of London & Westminster (deadline 1 June 2022)
- Chingford & Woodford Green (deadline 10 June 2022)
- Hendon (deadline 10 June 2022)
- Watford (deadline 13 June 2022)
- Barking (deadline 6 July 2022)
- Kensington (deadline 6 July 2022)
- Dagenham & Rainham (deadline 19 August 2022)
- Chipping Barnet (deadline 16 September 2022)
- Uxbridge & South Ruislip (deadline 16 September 2022)
- Finchley & Golders Green (deadline 26 September 2022)
- Camberwell & Peckham (deadline 6 October 2022)
- Southend West (deadline 11 November 2022)
- Chelsea & Fulham (deadline Midday 23 January 2023)
The remainder of the retirement/marginal seats are currently open to candidates who wish to gain Unite's support.
Danny Freeman & Matt Whaley
London & Eastern Political Officers