Applying for Unite's support as a PPC in London & Eastern region
The NEC has recently made changes to the procedural guidelines to the ‘Westminster parliamentary selection process where there is a vacancy’ and have expedited the timetable. The selections have now begun in our region. In view of this expedited process, wherever possible, we will look to conduct interviews of candidates and endorse candidates prior to the timetable announcement.
If you are interested in gaining Unite's support as a PPC could you please download and complete the ‘Expression of Interest’ form and return to your political officer as soon as possible and no later than the deadlines shown below.
At a later date a decision will be made by a lay member panel from our Finance & General Purposes Committee (F&GP) and Regional Labour Party Liaison Committee (RLPLC) based on the form on whether to call for you interview.
Should you be called for an interview that will be before a lay member panel of the F&GP and RLPLC.
In the following seats the process is open to applications:
In the following seats the process is now complete:
- Peterborough (deadline 22 April 2022)
- 2 Cities - Cities of London & Westminster (deadline 1 June 2022)
- Chingford & Woodford Green (deadline 10 June 2022)
- Hendon (deadline 10 June 2022)
- Watford (deadline 13 June 2022)
- Barking (deadline 6 July 2022)
- Kensington (deadline 6 July 2022 & reopened deadline 26 October 2022)
- Dagenham & Rainham (deadline 19 August 2022)
- Chipping Barnet (deadline 16 September 2022)
- Uxbridge & South Ruislip (deadline 16 September 2022)
- Finchley & Golders Green (deadline 26 September 2022)
- Camberwell & Peckham (reopened deadline 6 October 2022)
- Chelsea & Fulham (deadline Midday 23 January 2023)
- Wimbledon (deadline midday Friday 9 June 2023)
- Great Yarmouth (deadline Tuesday 13 June 2023)
- Hitchin (deadline Midday Tuesday 25 July)
The remainder of the retirement/marginal seats are currently open to candidates who wish to gain Unite's support.
Danny Freeman & Matt Whaley
London & Eastern Political Officers