NHS workers deserve fair pay - Save our NHS
A message to Unite health members on Agenda for Change (AfC) in England and Wales
GET READY TO HAVE YOUR SAY ON NHS PAY
Your consultative ballot:
CLOSES: 11/09/2022 in England, and 15/09/2022 in Wales.
What the government’s delivered, in real terms, is a kick in the teeth." Unite general secretary, Sharon Graham.
With real inflation (RPI) running at over 11percent, the government’s imposed £1,400 pay award for NHS staff, which works out at just 4 percent for many, amounts to 'a massive national pay cut’. It will also lead to more NHS cuts, as there’s no extra money from the Treasury to fund it.
Our NHS heroes deserve better
So we’re giving YOU and every one of our NHS health members in England and Wales a chance to have a say on the government’s pay decision in an online consultative ballot.
Check your email and vote YES!
Get VOTE ready: Check you can VOTE by making sure you Unite membership details are up-to-date. Go to MyUnite.
REMINDER: NHS pay is imposed not negotiated. Health unions do not negotiate with the government on NHS pay in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Instead, the UK government uses the NHS Pay Review Body (PRB) process to make decisions on NHS staff pay awards. Unite submits evidence to the PRB report.
- Talk to your colleagues about why their vote matters. Put up a campaign poster in your workplace.
- Organise workplace stalls, ‘tea break’ chats and branch meetings. Talk to your Unite official to order a supply of materials. Download the FAQs.
- Talk to your Unite reps for more ideas on how to get the vote out in your workplace!
- Keep checking your email and phone for a text from us!
- Download and share the memes below on social media
|Share on Facebook|
|Share on Instagram|
|Share on Twitter|
United for fair NHS pay
What is the government's NHS pay award?
Read more about the government's imposed NHS pay award for 2022/23.
Why should I vote YES?
Unite is recommending that you vote YES for industrial action in the consultative ballot because you deserve better.
With NHS staff
Get involved with the joint health unions campaign for NHS fair pay. Together we're stronger.