Workers' Memorial Day
- Friday 28 April 2023
International Workers' Memorial Day, held on 28 April every year, brings together workers and their representatives from all over the world to remember the dead and fight for the living. In 2022 the theme was: Make occupational health and safety a fundamental right at work.
- Find attached Unite branded posters which you can print off and use in workplaces. Regions and branches can also order materials from the publications library under folder “ Workers Memorial Day 2022, sign in or register using chrome.
- Forget me not ribbons and other resources can be ordered via Hazards campaign here
Unite is encouraging you to organise various activities:
- Hold an event in your workplace to promote the issues of workers' right to a safe job, or to remember colleagues that have died or been injured at work. Let the press know is happening.
- Register your WMD event with interactive map and find details of other events here
- Access TUC online memorial wall to remember someone who lost their life to work here
- Ask your local council to sign up to our Stay Safe, Join a Union campaign here