Fans Supporting Foodbanks
Action on Food Poverty – Solidarity not charity
On Wednesday 12 October 2022, Fans Supporting Foodbanks (FSF) Liverpool brought a delivery of surplus food items, part donated and part purchased by FSF Merseyside and Unite the union to the Rangers – Liverpool Champions’ League group game.
This shipment was sent on the Liverpool Spirit of Shankley coach. This act of solidarity was brought about by the news that food poverty is an increasing issue in Glasgow, with a recent Survation survey commissioned by Unite showing that 177,979 (28%) residents in Glasgow have either gone in to debt or increased their levels of debt in order to meet the increased cost of grocery items. Download the full report/update below.
Related articles and links
- @RadioClydeNews - VIDEO: Rangers and Celtic fans have come together to deliver donations to food banks across Glasgow this morning - 13 October 2022
- Daily Record - Rangers and Liverpool fans unite to deliver food bank goods to needy families - 13 October 2022
- Scottish Daily Express - Generous Rangers fans donate stacks of food for city foodbanks ahead of Champions League game - 13 October 2022
- Scottish Daily Express - Rangers and Liverpool fans put Champions League rivalry aside to collect for three Glasgow foodbanks - 12 October 2022
- Glasgow Live - Liverpool fans to bring food bank donations with them to Ibrox for Glasgow pantries - 12 October 2022
- Morning Star - Unions and rival football fans join forces to fight food poverty - 12 October 2022
- STV News - Liverpool and Rangers fans join up for foodbank collection at Ibrox - 12 October 2022