Latest campaign news
Check out the latest campaign news of the Unite for a Workers' Economy campaign
- Time to deliver results for the working class where politicians have failed - Thursday 29 September 2022 - Unite's Claire Peden writes in the Morning Star on the new initiative from Britain's and Ireland's largest trade union to extend and deepen the class struggle in and beyond the workplace.
- Interest rate rise sends another `cold chill’ across UK households - Thursday 22 September 2022
- Government business energy plans are a taxpayer funded ‘panic measure’ as job fears grow, warns Unite - Wednesday 21 September 2022
- Scrapping bankers’ bonus cap a grave insult to workers - Thursday 15 September 2022
- Inflation: Current levels continue to threaten living standards of millions - Wednesday 14 September 2022
- Unite: Liz Truss energy bill plan ‘boosts profiteering’- Thursday 8 September 2022
- ‘Soaring’ Ofgem price cap fuelled by ‘rampant corporate profiteering’ says Unite -
Friday 26 August 2022
- On eve of new price cap Unite research confirms ‘rampant corporate profiteering’ fuelling soaring energy bills -
Thursday 25 August 2022
- Union hits out at another government assault on workers during cost-of-living crisis - Friday 19 August 2022 - Sharon Graham: “This government has made it very clear what it thinks of this country’s workers. P&O blatantly sacked nearly 800 workers without notice because it was cheaper to break the law and the Government saw no need to change it."
- Unite's power in the workplace spreads to battleground seats to create a Workers' Economy - Thursday 18 August 2022 - From workplace to community Unite is driving a UK-wide strategy to help bring change to ‘heartland’ communities following the failure of politicians to act.
- Inflation: Corporate greed driving price rises not wages - Wednesday 17 August 2022
- Unite statement on record fall in UK wages - Tuesday 16 August 2022
- Unite response to Labour energy proposals - 15 August 2022 - Unite chief Sharon Graham: “The case is being made before our own eyes that selling off our energy sector to the private profiteers has ended in tears. A piecemeal approach won’t work.”
- Interest rate rise spells misery for millions warns Unite - Thursday 4 August 2022
- Unite accuses BP of ‘unfettered profiteering’ - Tuesday 2 August 2022
- Unite will continue to resist attacks that make workers pay the price of the inflation crisis -Wednesday 20 July 2022
- Unite leader says, hundreds of disputes, involving tens of thousands of workers, will resist employers attacks on workers’ living standards - Friday 15 July 2022
- Unite to unveil giant ‘snakes and ladders’ game in Leeds to highlight pain of price rises - Wednesday 6 July 2022
- Workers have had enough - cap profiteering not workers’ rights, says Unite - Sunday 12 June 2022
- Wage restraint? Maybe it’s time we started talking about profiteering restraint - Thursday 9 June 2022
Join our movement - sign up to the campaign today.