This year, the Women Chainmakers' Festival is coming home to Cradley Heath. It takes place on Saturday 8 June, from 11 to 5pm, at Bearmore Park, Bearmore Road, Cradley Heath, Sandwell, B64 6DU.
A family day out
- Circus skills, face painting and badge making in the family tent.
- Trade union exhibition in the Leftfield marquee.
- Expanded community tent.
- Adult learning exhibition in the Bondfield marquee.
Plans are afoot for the banner procession from Cradley Heath High Street to the festival to be lead by local school children with new celebratory banners.
Guests and Events
- President of the Trades Union Congress, Lesley Mercer.
- The Chainmaker Song written and performed by Stacey Blythe
- Music from RoosterSpake Entertainment
- Theatrical re-enactments from the Black Country Players with guest appearance from Lynn Morris playing Mary Macarthur
- New this year - exhibition from Cradley Heathens Speedway team and University of Birmingham Archery Club offering public taster sessions.