Unite members at Molson Coors brewery in Burton - the home of Carling, Britain's best selling lager - are fighting bosses plans to sack its 455-strong workforce and re-hire them on inferior terms with pay cuts by up to £9,000-a-year for many staff.
Our members face losing their homes if these proposals go ahead - your support is vital.
Strike action is brewing at the Carling plant over the management's proposals which include:
- Axing the wages of 184 brewery technicians and 41 operatives by up to £9,000-a-year, with the remaining 100 becoming A grade Technicians on the same salary
- Dismissal of workers if they do not accept proposals by 14 June
- Forced excessive new shift pattern with 30 days annual leave leaving 335 days either working, or at home and contactable to come into work at 23 hours notice
- Unilateral tearing up of an agreement by their employer to be replaced by terms dictated solely by their employer
- 26 redundancies
The ballot to hold industrial action closes on 28 May.
Donate to the fighting fund
- . Cheques should be made payable to 'Unite' with 'Burton Brewery' written on the back and sent to: Unite the union, Finance Department, Transport House,9-17 Victoria Street, West Bromwich, West Midlands, B70 8HX.