Unite the union is the largest trade union representing workers in the oil & gas industry in the UK. At this crucial time when workers throughout the industry face unprecedented pressures, Unite is committed to protecting the jobs, terms and conditions and safety of its offshore members.
Unite’s offshore campaign has already seen significant victories- like the improvements to helicopter safety which were introduced following the successful Back Home Safe petition.
Unite is building a strong and effective resistance to oppose the slash and burn attitude of offshore employers. Unite’s offshore 2015 campaign will fight to:
- Protect jobs
- Protect the terms & conditions of members and the wider offshore workforce
- Ensure a safe working environment throughout the offshore industry
- Secure a viable and sustainable future for the industry in the North Sea
+ Campaign update + Campaign update + Campaign update +
We recently carried out a survey of our offshore members. Nearly 90% supported the Scottish or UK Governments taking a public stake in offshore companies to protect jobs and to secure investment.
Unite is to ask every MSP to support a motion by North East Scotland Labour MSP Lewis Macdonald to take that message direct to Holyrood. It's already got cross-party support.
Here's how you can help - write to your MSPs!
1. Click here to go to the Write to Them website!
2. Once you're on the Write to Them website, enter your postcode and click 'Go'.
2. On the next page - click 'Write to all your Regional MSPs' on the right hand side of the page.
3. Ask your MSPs to support Motion S5M-02310. If you work offshore, tell them about any problems or difficulties that you're experiencing in the industry. Tell them that the industry needs public investment for the future. Use your own words - but keep it short.
4. Fill in your contact details and then click 'Preview and Send' at the bottom.