At Unite the union we recognise that one of the key reasons members join Unite is to benefit from the legal services we provide. We believe that the range and quality of the services we provide with the help of our solicitors is the best available to trade union members in the UK.
We aim to provide a full range of legal services; from seeking compensation for a personal injury or industrial wrong, to employment related advice and representation, to helping plan for the future by providing a Will writing service, Powers of Attorney and Living Wills, to assisting with the day to day issues that life throws up such as moving house. We even offer a free 24 hour legal help line where members can receive a free half hour advice on any non-work related matter.
The services we offer are second to none, and we believe are better than you would find on the high street because we use the best lawyers and we don’t take a cut of any damages or compensation awarded to you.
Some of the services are free, some are provided at heavily discounted rates and others, such as our road traffic service, actually save you money. All our legal services are provided by expert solicitors in their field.
What makes Unite Legal Services different?
Click the links below for more details of our legal services.
- Services are provided by a panel of solicitors who have over 100 years’ experience working with unions
- 100% of the compensation awarded is paid to you
- We use solicitors who understand your workplace
- We use solicitors who have a close relationship with Unite and its activists
- Personal injury claims are conducted at no cost to you
- We can offer additional influence in your workplace in respect of health and safety matters