1. Members are entitled to legal assistance in accordance with Rule 4.6 of the union Rule Book in force at the time.
2. Eligibility for legal services in respect of personal injury claims is immediate upon joining the union; for most other legal services, four weeks full paying membership is required except with: Professional Sales Association xales contract law claims where six months membership of the PSA is required.
3. Unite legal assistance is granted at the sole discretion of the Executive Council of the union and can be withdrawn or varied at any time.
More on Unite's legal services can be found here.
4. Nothing on these pages is intended to be, or should be construed as, a recommendation or advice to you as an individual. The objective of this page is to present Unite PSA Members with basic legal information. The content is not intended to provide individual legal advice and must not be construed as such.
5. All PSA members who are sales agents parties are strongly advised to take professional legal advice before entering into sales agency agreements
Basic legal guide for sales agents
European Community sales agency law overrides UK law. Sales agency Law is based on The Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993. Therefore these EC Regulations, together with contract law, are the statutes laying down the law for sales agents.
The full guide is accessible by PSA members only. On the next page you will be asked to sign in with your membership details. If you are not a member, follow the links below to join Unite and benefit from the full range of services available to members. .
What you will need to join online today
- Personal and employment details (if applicable)
- An email account
- Bank details - to set up a direct debit
The sign up process
Complete the join online form
Complete the simple form with your personal information and current job details if applicable. Alternatively download and print this membership form and return to the address listed on the form. In the Employment details section put Services in the Sector field, and PSA SELF/EMP COMM SALES AGENT in the Type of Work field.
Find out the cost of your membership
The online application will work out your monthly membership fee based on the information you give us.
Set up a direct debit
If you are happy with monthly fee, you can complete the Direct Debit and activate your membership.
Receive email & instant My Unite access
A membership pack will follow in the post which will include your Unite membership number.
*The online application will calculate your joining fee prior to any payment being requested
Further membership information and contribution rates