The Community Practitioners’ and Health Visitors’ Association (CPHVA) Executive Committee elections open on July 4 2016 in preparation for the newly elected Executive committee to start in December 2016.
The CPHVA seeks to elect a new Executive Committee with member representation from the 12 CPHVA Executive Committee constituencies. Each constituency will be analogous with Unite the union regions and nations.
The elections will be for a chair and deputy for each constituency as described below:
- Northern Ireland
- East Midlands
- West Midlands
- South West
- North East, Yorkshire & Humberside (x 2 chairs and 1 deputy)
- South East
- North West
- London & Eastern (x 2 chairs and 1 deputy)
A valid nomination will need to fulfil the following conditions:
- A CPHVA member without subscription arrears of more than 13 weeks
- The nominee must be proposed and seconded by two CPHVA members without subscription arrears of more than 13 weeks from two different employers from a different branch of the constituency the nominee seeks to represent and a different employer to the nominee.
- The nominee should indicate which one of the twelve constituencies they seek to be elected to.
- The nominee must complete all sections of the nomination form including the personal statement which will have a maximum of 500 words. The statement should include details of activity that has supported the Association. The statement will be published in the October 2016 edition of the Community Practitioner should it be necessary to hold an election.
CPHVA Executive Committee nomination form (Word file). This form will also be printed in full in the August edition of the Community Practitioner Journal.