• To be part of an autonomous group within a large Trade Union – Unite the Union, thereby enjoying the benefits and services that Unite has to offer to self-employed and freelancers
• To have a strong and influential collective voice on behalf of the interpreting and translation professions
• The provision of comprehensive representation in the event of legal claims arising out of the work members do
• Advice and representation on terms of appointment and other related to contract employment matters. Definitions for 'worker', 'self-employed', 'agency workers'
• To promote the establishment of fair and reasonable terms and conditions and a nationally agreed rate of pay
• The opportunity to join an established section of Unite the Union, encouraging all members to contribute in word and deed to union affairs
• We offer guidance on health and safety issues
• To work towards raising public recognition of the professionalism and competence of qualified interpreters and translators
• Our union is able to provide our members with expert advice and support tackling bullying, intimidation and unfair discrimination
• We are an open and democratic union, offering an important forum for the discussion of the issues facing interpreters and translators
• Click here for the NUPIT membership form or join using the link below.
What you will need to join online today
- Personal and employment details (if applicable)
- An email account
- Bank details - to set up a direct debit
The sign up process
- Complete the join online form
Complete the simple form with your personal information and current job details if applicable. Alternatively download and print this membership form and return to the address listed on the form.
- Find out the cost of your membership
The online application will work out your monthly membership fee based on the information you give us.
- Set up a direct debit
If you are happy with monthly fee, you can complete the Direct Debit and activate your membership.
- Receive email & instant My Unite access
A membership pack will follow in the post which will include your Unite membership number.
*The online application will calculate your joining fee prior to any payment being requested
Further membership information and contribution rates