The Unite Apprenticeships Toolkit is an interactive resource, developed in partnership between Unite the Union and Unionlearn with the TUC, for Unite representatives, Unite learning reps and Unite officers who are negotiating with employers on apprenticeships or who are approaching an employer to discuss the possibility of taking on apprentices. The toolkit references significant apprenticeship system changes in England. For Scotland a helpful resource is the STUC Modern Apprenticeship Toolkit. Information and guidance on how the levy affects England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland is included in the Unite apprenticeship levy guidance here.
The factsheets provide concise information on a range of topics related to apprenticeships. They also highlight the key elements of a good quality apprenticeship. The toolkit is intended to be used as a reference and information resource for reps. There are a number of ongoing apprenticeship reforms and the toolkit covers some of these developments.
Factsheets can be printed from the downloadable PDF version of the toolkit and given to union representatives and employers if information on a specific topic is needed.
- Negotiating and Bargaining on apprenticeships
- The apprentice levy and other developments
- Pay for apprentices
- Health and Safety and working time
- High quality training
- Widening access to underrepresented groups
- English, Maths and Functional Skills in apprenticeships
- Frameworks and standards
- Professional registration and apprenticeships
- Government minimum standards for apprenticeships
- Unite and Apprenticeships
- TUC Apprenticeships Charter