Fixed Term Contract ending 31 March 2017
Do you want to be part of the Unite Lifelong Learning Team to promote the value of continuing learning and union membership offered by Unite the Union.
Unite are seeking to recruit a highly motivated Union Learning Organiser to work in the Lifelong Learning team in the Leeds and Humber region.
Ideally applicants will have a trade union background and experience of working in the learning and skills field.
Essential criteria for the Learning Organiser role is the ability to:
- Work independently, develop own caseload within the regional team; prepare reports to management and steering group; recruit and arrange training for Union Learning Representatives (ULR); Develop regional ULR networks;
- Support ULRs, members, Regional Officers, TUC and other partners in establishing workplace learning activity;
- Provide information, advice and support on the lifelong learning agenda.
- To fulfil this role you must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the aims and objectives of lifelong learning in the trade union movement.
- Learning Organisers must also have an understanding of models of learning delivery in the workplace and the community.
The position is funded by the Union Learning Fund and is offered on a fixed term contract or secondment basis, commencing late May 2016 until 31 March 2017.
An application form and job description can be downloaded here:
If you have any queries, please email the HR & Development Department at email@example.com.
Completed application forms will need to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ULO NEYH. The closing date is Friday 6 May 2016.
Please note that CVs are not accepted as part of the application.