Do you want to be part of the Unite Lifelong Learning team?
Do you want to help to promote the value of continuing learning and union membership, and to engage adults with the learning opportunities offered by Unite the union.
Unite is seeking to recruit 12 highly motivated regional learning organisers, one e-learning support worker and one learning support worker to work in the Lifelong Learning team in five of its regions. These consist of 1 London East and South East, 2 South West, 3 North West, 1 Midlands and 5 North East/Yorkshire & Humberside. The two support workers will be based in Leeds.
Ideally applicants will have a trade union background and experience of working in the learning and skills field.
Essential criteria for the learning organiser role is the ability to:
- Work independently and develop own caseload within the regional team;
- Prepare reports to management and steering group;
- Recruit and arrange training for Union Learning Representatives (ULR);
- Develop regional ULR networks;
- Work with and support ULRs, members, Regional Officers, TUC and other partners in establishing workplace learning activity;
- Provide information, advice and support on the lifelong learning agenda.
Learning Organisers must also have an understanding of models of learning delivery in the workplace and the community.The positions are funded by the ULF and are offered on a fixed term contract and secondees basis until March 2014. Salary for this role is £35,100.If you want to be part of the Unite Lifelong Learning team then please download an application form (Word) to apply for the role you are interested in.
If you want to be part of the Unite Lifelong Learning team then please download an application form (Word) to apply for the role you are interested in.
If you have any queries, please email the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.orgThe closing date is Friday 5 April 2013.