This Christmas over 130,000 people in Britain, nearly 60,000 of them children, face going hungry. No person should have to decide between heating and eating this Christmas but without our support, thousands will.
Give just a few pounds to our Christmas appeal and make a big difference to a family in need.
Three years ago, thanks to the enormous generosity of Unite members like you, we helped raise over £100,000 in much needed funds for The Trussell Trust network of foodbanks
Sadly we need to team up with The Trussell Trust and the Mirror’s Real Britain all over again. Six years of Tory austerity and things are getting worse. 2016 is set to see The Trussell Trust deliver the highest number of food parcels in its history.
3 ways to help....
1. Make an individual donation, securely online, by text, phone or post.
- TEXT WARM35 and your donation (eg WARM35 £5) to 70070
- Donate securely online: go to www.trusselltrust.org/HopenotHunger
- By phone on 01722 580 208 (open 09:30-16:30 Mon to Fri) or by post, send a cheque made payable to The Trussell Trust to The Trussell Trust, (Unite against cold and hunger appeal), Unit 9, Ashfield Trading Estate, Salisbury, SP2 7HL
2. Set up a collection point in your workplace
- get in touch with your local Trussell Trust foodbank to find out what they need. Holiday food is great but remember the basics that we take for granted like toilet roll, toothpaste and toothbrushes, deodrant, shampoo, winter coats, gloves, scarves and Christmas presents for the kids! With over 420 foodbanks across the UK there is sure to be one within a few miles of you. Click the link to find the one closest to you www.trusselltrust.org/get-help/find-a-foodbank
3. Spread the word
– on social media follow Unite on Twitter
Put up a poster
Thank you for helping us give ‘Hope not Hunger’ this Christmas. We know times are tough, please give what you can, but whatever you do please spread the word on social media and in your workplace.