Unite, is supporting a joint union ‘day of protest’ on Friday 8 December ahead of the Local Government employers meeting on Wednesday 13 December to decide how much they will offer in response to the National Joint Council union’s pay claim.
Council and school workers have lost a staggering 21% of their take home pay since 2010. We can’t go on like this.
The union is asking branches, activists and members covered by the claim to get involved in this “day of protest” for fair pay in local government and schools and support the national pay claim.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Mobilise members now to hold lunchtime or after work events, stunts or rallies to leaflet the public on the day.
- Organise carol singing events to tell your employers, councillors or/and the public about our campaign.
- Lobby your councillor.
- Arrange a meeting with your MP.
- Use social media to demand a decent pay rise and retweet our tweets on the day.
- Talk to local media about the need for an offer to bust the pay cap.
- Talk to GMB and Unison – and make it a joint event.
Let us know what you’re doing – please email Karen.Viquerat@unitetheunion.org.
For more information about the campaign click here.