Our NHS is celebrating its 69th birthday on Wednesday 5 July. You need the NHS, now it needs YOU. Take the time to help it celebrate. Join one of the many gatherings taking place at hospitals around the country or plan your own. Make sure to show our NHS some love on social media, using #ourNHSbirthday!
There are plenty of ways for you to help the NHS celebrate this Wednesday. The TUC, Health Campaigns Together and NHS Support Federation have organised a number of get togethers at hospitals around the country to mark 69 years of our NHS.
- Join a local event near you: Find a gathering at a hospital near you, check out the map below or click OurNHSbirthdayEvents
- Can't make an event? then make sure you get busy spreading the word. Download a poster and take some selfies with your colleagues and friends and share widely on Twitter and Facebook, using #ourNHSbirthday
- Plan your own lunch time event - it's not too late to get creative; you could bake a cake, or organise a stall in your workplace. Make a card and get your colleagues to sign it. Have a look at the TUC's flyer and poster for inspiration. But remember to share your pics on social media using #ourNHSbirthday
- Download and save the memes below and share them on Facebook and Twitter.
Join our call for:
- no cuts or cash-driven closures
- fair pay for all NHS staff - scrap the cap
- a fully funded, publically owned and provided National Health Service