When: Saturday 16 March 2013, 11am - 5pm
Where: Faraday House, 48-51 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3AE. Near Holborn tube
Join us for an inspiring day of discussion, film and practical workshops on the impact of the economic crisis and austerity – and resistance across the world.
The welfare state is under attack, workers’ rights are being eroded and poverty and inequality are on the rise. This is not a new crisis. The austerity measures now being imposed in the UK and Europe have been replicated around the world for decades.
Wherever austerity has been tried people have responded with inspiring resistance and new ways to create a fairer, more equal and more democratic economy. Find out what you can do to build the global fight back.
- Emma Avilés, PACD (Citizen’s Debt Audit Platform), Spain
- Alfamir Castillo, President, Women Sugar Cane Cutters Committee, Colombia
- Nick Dearden, Director, Jubilee Debt Campaign
- Andy Greene, Disabled People Against Cuts
- Hannah Griffiths, Head of Campaigns & Policy, World Development Movement
- Dr Adam Hanieh, Political Economist, Middle East & North Africa, SOAS
- John Hilary, Executive Director, War on Want
- Hugh Lanning, Deputy General Secretary, PCS
- Christina Laskaridis, Greece Debt Audit Commission
- Ellie Mae O’Hagan, Unite the Union’s Community Membership Project
Lunch will be provided (donations welcome).
Spaces are limited and going fast. For more information and to register now click here
This day is co-hosted by War on Want, Jubilee Debt Campaign, PCS, People and Planet, Trade Justice Movement and World Development Movement.